Sunday, August 14, 2016

Day 4


Lessons:
I personally ate about 7 servings (my grandmother ate 1) worth of the potato fennel radish salad. It is a good salad, but I got sick of it after eating big bowls of it for 3 days straight. If I am cooking just for myself, I will think twice before making a second batch of something that serves 4. 

I actually found that many root greens (radish, turnip, and beet leaves) can be very interchangeable when raw. The summer roll recipe I was using as a model called for Boston bib lettuce, but I only had leftover beet and radish greens so I used those. I could not taste much difference in the leaves when they were combined with many other ingredients and covered in peanut sauce. 

Tips: It is really nice to have many different vegetables in the house at once. That way I can quickly grab a few leftover fennel sprigs, half a chive, or other vegetable and use that as a garnish or to spruce up leftovers. 

Today I made two recipes using celery leaves as garnishes. The leaves are noway favorite part


Made
Simple Seasoned Beets  
Beet and Chick Pea Bowl 
Farmers Market Summer Rolls 
Ginger Carrot spred  

Breakfast: leftover kale soup and potato salad 
Lunch: chick pea bowl 
summer rolls 

Photos by Kate Mitchel 


No comments:

Post a Comment