Sunday, August 14, 2016

Day 4


Lessons:
I personally ate about 7 servings (my grandmother ate 1) worth of the potato fennel radish salad. It is a good salad, but I got sick of it after eating big bowls of it for 3 days straight. If I am cooking just for myself, I will think twice before making a second batch of something that serves 4. 

I actually found that many root greens (radish, turnip, and beet leaves) can be very interchangeable when raw. The summer roll recipe I was using as a model called for Boston bib lettuce, but I only had leftover beet and radish greens so I used those. I could not taste much difference in the leaves when they were combined with many other ingredients and covered in peanut sauce. 

Tips: It is really nice to have many different vegetables in the house at once. That way I can quickly grab a few leftover fennel sprigs, half a chive, or other vegetable and use that as a garnish or to spruce up leftovers. 

Today I made two recipes using celery leaves as garnishes. The leaves are noway favorite part


Made: 
Simple Seasoned Beets  
Beet and Chick Pea Bowl 
Farmers Market Summer Rolls 
Ginger Carrot spred  

Breakfast: leftover kale soup and potato salad 
Lunch: chick pea bowl 
summer rolls 

Photos by Kate Mitchel 


No comments:

Post a Comment