Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 1


Feeling some anxiety over the refrigerator situation. There are so many bags of leaves, it is difficult to find specific things that I need. (that second to the top shelf is "my shelf", the only space I am supposedly allowed) Also feeling concerned that I overbought at the market (later I will see that the amount I got was almost perfect). It would have been good to have logged how much veggies I ate in a week before doing this project. I will do that next time. Mother is very upset about the large fennel head. Good thing I have a recipe to take care of that! 
Things made: 
Simple Squash Frittata
Black Bean Arugula Bowl (Basically brown rice, salsa, fennel greens, chicken, avocado all over a bed of baby arugula. It did not taste great so there will be no recipe on it)
Fennel Radish Potato Salad 
Mini Blueberry Tarts with Oat flour Crust. 

Breakfast: Simple Strata with fresh tomato, avocado, and barley. 


Lunch: Black Bean Arugula Bowl 
Dinner: at a friend’s house, Mini Blueberry Tarts for dessert.   


Lessons learned: It was smart of use that fennel up quickly. This type of project needs a lot of plaining! I imagine if I had a better plain going into this, I would have been able to organize the refrigerator so that what I needed was always up front when I was ready to use them, e.g the the napa cabbage be in the far back because I will be using that on Monday/Tuesday. 


Tips: Going to a friend’s house for dinner and still need to use what you bought from the market? Bring a dish or dessert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment